RELAY™ EMS (Pty) LTD is a private ambulance service operating within the Nelson Mandela Bay (Port Elizabeth & Uitenhage), in Graaff-Reinet and Cradock. We offer you responsive and professional medical services for all medical and trauma-related emergencies including inter-hospital patient transfers, IOD’s, RAF, company EMS services, First Aid Training and Event Support.
The Relay EMS team consists of only qualified emergency care staff these include Advanced Life Support; Intermediate Life Support and Basic Life Support. Our vehicles are equipped and maintained to international standards, monitored by live tracing with computer-aided dispatching. When calling our 24/7 emergency number 0861 061 061 you will go through to our state-of-the-art Emergency Operations Centre, Relay EMS offers you the right people, training, equipment, and response. Our core values of professionalism, clinical excellence, compassion, innovation, and integrity makes Relay EMS your first choice EMS provider.
We need to know how the coronavirus spreads. Current research shows that COVID-19 can be spread two ways. Firstly, within a 2m radius, an infected person coughs, sneezes or breathes on you, you can contract the virus through your mouth, nose or eyes. Secondly, an infected person either coughs or sneezes on their hand or a surface, you then shake their hand or touch the surface, and transfer the virus to yourself by touching your mouth, nose or eyes.
Lifting of Lockdown Regulations
With the rate and the manner of the spread of COVID-19, containment and isolation are critical components. With the lifting of the lockdown, and to protect the health and safety of employees, businesses are required to implement regulations and guidelines, the regulations relate to:
- Mandatory Screening of employees & people entering the workplace
- Hygiene Controls including the proper cleaning & disinfection pf work areas,
- Social Distancing controls,
- Face masks & hand sanitizers for staff,
- Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) for staff in high risk areas,
- Isolation facility/area for either a confirmed COVID-19 patient or Person Under Investigation (PUI),
- Transport of either a confirmed COVID-19 patient or PUI patient to a medical facility for medical treatment,
- Transport of either a confirmed COVID-19 patient or PUI patient to their house for self-isolation.
Relay EMS Service Offering
During this time, the safety and care of your staff is of the utmost importance. Relay EMS can help your business to implement the required regulations and guidelines. We can assist you with the following:
- Providing guidelines & procedures to implement – We have drawn up guidelines that you can use to implement the required regulations.
- Consulting & recommendations – We can consult and provide recommendations,
- Screening – Setting up of your screening area.
- Staff training on screening, hygiene, & PPE – On-site training for your staff who will be doing the screening,
- Onsite staff for screening – If required, we can provide you with staff to do the daily screening at your premises,
- Hygiene & PPE Stock – We have an extensive list of suppliers who provide hygiene & PPE stock. We can put you in contact with these suppliers.
- Set private rates for ambulance transportation – Fixed private rate for non-emergency ambulance transportation of a PUI patient who may require transportation to a pre-arranged medical facility for testing or home for self-isolation.
Relay EMS will continue to offer you Emergency Medical Services, for any medical or trauma related emergencies including IOD’s.
To ensuring the safety and care of your staff, Relay EMS can assist your company to implement the required guidelines relating to COVID-19. To discuss our service offering, and for a Service Level Agreement, please contact Julia Brits on:
Telephone | 0413957008
Mobile | 082 065 5944
Email | firstname.lastname@example.org
Let us all unite in the battle against COVID-19